Open Monday-Friday 8am to 5.30pm 

Free Tea or Coffee at Poppy Red while you wait

For help and advice please call us and our skilled staff will be happy to help.

If your car is 3 or more years old, you’ll need it to pass an MOT (also known as the Ministry of Transport / DVSA Driver & Vehicle standards agency) test every year.

The MOT is there to make sure that your car is roadworthy and doesn’t pose a danger to yourself, your passengers, pedestrians, or other road users. It’s a very comprehensive series of tests which examines virtually every aspect of your car so, when you get the pass by Motorbody Accident Repair Centre Ltd, you can drive it off with confidence knowing you’re getting the best in performance and reliability.

By taking the MOT once a year, it means that problems are spotted earlier and can be rectified. Your car is one of the most expensive purchases you’ll ever make and it pays to take care of it. And it’s not just that – we’ve all felt the frustration of being without transport because our car has broken down.

The MOT is your car’s yearly health check, offering you a chance to prolong the life of your vehicle and, with a full MOT and service history, it’s worth more on the second-hand market when you come to sell it.

Who carries out my MOT?

Only certain garages around the country are licensed to carry out MOT tests, and Motorbody Accident Repair Centre Ltd is one of them.

Among our experienced staff members are nominated testers, professionals accredited by the DVSA to check every testable aspect of your vehicle, conduct an overall inspection, and carry out a series of important checks on your vehicle (including the inside, outside, under the bonnet, and under the vehicle itself).

What are the potential results of my MOT?

There are two possible outcomes – a pass or a fail.

If you pass, we’ll give you a VT20 pass certificate. You don’t have to come back for another MOT test for a year.

If you fail, we’ll hand you a VT30 failure certificate.

Whichever result you get, you’ll also receive an itemised breakdown of your MOT, showing areas where you passed, areas where there is cause for concern, and, in the case of a failure, what stopped your car from getting a pass.

If my car fails its MOT, what happens next?

Legally, your car must be repaired before you can get your MOT pass. You need your pass in the UK as it’s a legal requirement. Without it, you won’t be able to renew your road fund license.

We will let you know what needs to be done and present you with a quote. If you decide to use us to carry out the repairs, we’ll keep your car in at our premises and let you know when you can come and collect it together with its MOT pass.

Do you do MOT tests for commercial vehicles?

Yes. These MOTs are called Class 7 MOTs. These tests are for light commercial vehicles weighing 3,000-3,500kg – vehicles like flat-bed trucks, high tops, and vans.

How do I book my test?

Call us on 015394 36667 or 015394 36771 or email us on if you’re passing, pop in, say hello, and book a date and a time to suit you.

<  |   TOP  |   >

Copyright © Motorbody Accident Repair Centre Ltd - All Rights Reserved
Greystones Garage, Hawkshead, Cumbria, UK, LA22 0PZ
Telephone: 015394 36667 or 015394 36771
Designed by A2A Internet | Login